Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway

Published March 8, 2020 by mn1055

It is finally Mickey’s time to shine on a ride! On Wednesday, a brand new ride opened in Disney World’s Hollywood Studios. Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway is the first ride featuring Mickey Mouse! This is the perfect park for the ride for a few reasons. Hollywood Studios is home to the Chinese Theater. Back in the ’30’s and ’40’s, Mickey cartoons made their debut in this theater. The Chinese Theater is the first thing you see when you enter the park. What better character than Mickey himself?

The theme of this ride also makes it a great fit for Hollywood Studios. It feels like you are entering a Mickey and Minnie short film. You enter under a neon-lit marquee. This ride feels right at home at the end of Hollywood Boulevard. And like most “cheesy” rides at Disney, this one plays a song that’ll be stuck in your head for the rest of your stay! It fits right in to the old Hollywood style that is displayed around Hollywood Studios.

I cannot wait to actually go experience this ride for myself! Although Hollywood Studios is not my favorite park, I love the nostalgic feeling that it has all around. I think that this ride has found the right home and I am glad that the Imagineers have waited so long to include it.